Village Calendar Photographic Competition
Thanks to all who entered this year - a total of 43 pictures were received all of which were of a very high standard. Four of them were from Under 16 year olds and two of these were singled out for special praise so a prize was awarded to each of these entrants.
Each year a photographic competition is held in order to attract pictures of local interest which can be included in the following year's calendar.
The rules for entries are as follows:
1. You must live in Alkborough or Walcot.
2. The photos must be of local interest.
3. The photos must be in the organiser's possession by the first Saturday in October.
3 The original photographs will not be returned to the entrant unless specifically requested.
4. The photographs must be in landscape format on photograph quality paper and no larger than A4 .
5. The maximum number of photographs per entrant is four and each one must be accompanied by a 50p entry fee.
6. Each photograph must have a brief description ( no more than 10 words) and the name, address and telephone number of the entrant on the reverse.
7 There are no age restrictions.
8. Photographs submitted by entrants aged 16 yrs. or less on 31st December of the current year will be eligible for a prize of
£ 10 if in the opinion of the judges their entry is the best by an entrant in that age group.
9. Photographs will be judged by Roy Featherstone. The best twelve, in his opinion, will be included in the following year's calendar.
10 All of the entries will be displayed in the Church in Alkborough on a Saturday in October as soon as is practical and viewers will be invited to vote for their favourite. The photograph attracting the most votes will appear on the cover of the following year's calendar.
11. The organiser of the competition is : Alkborough & Walcot Residents Association,
If you have any comments to make on this page or the web site as a whole please e-mail email@example.com