Cricket Club Details
Mission Statement"To promote Alkborough Cricket Club as a flexible, progressive club. Striving to support and influence cricket at the highest level in a competitive, but fair manner and provide the facilities for young and old to achieve this.”
HistoryRecords show that Alkborough Cricket Club was formed around 1850, playing their home games in front of Walcot Hall. The field was called Westcroft. Cricket was played there until 1965 when the last game was played between Alkborough and Scunthorpe League Select Side.The club moved in 1965 to its present ground on West Halton Lane. This was done with the help of Mr Francis Knapton, who was given a nominal rent for the site. The Knapton family have been the saviour of the club for all those years.When the club was formed they played friendly games up until the 2nd World War when play was stopped, restarting in 1947-48 playing league cricket in the Scunthorpe & District League. They progressed in this league until the early 60’s when they joined the North Lindsey league and played in this league until 1970 when they applied to join the Lincolnshire Cricket League. Their application was accepted into division 2. Promotion was gained into division 1 in 1971 and after a number of years won promotion into the Premier League and the club still play in this league today.
The cricket pavilion is available for hire for private functions at very competitive rates
Please contact Linda Cowling on 01724 720636 for further details
If you have any comments to make on this page or the web site as a whole please e-mail email@example.com